This post was originally published in Feb., 2021. Since that time it has evolved into a sizable compilation including a large number of links to what I’ve found to be credible and helpful information.
As my readers know, I use this blog primarily as a creative outlet, but as a nurse, I could not remain silent on this issue.
I consider this post a reflection of my fervent support of critical thinking, even though I believe the ability to “think critically” is a constant struggle. Repeated reference to standards of online intellectual honesty in order to achieve even the smallest level of reasoned judgment is quite exhausting, to be honest, but also quite necessary because critical thinking directly impacts the quality of decision making. And in this case, decisions hold very important implications for not only my health, but also for yours.
Federal Public Health Emergency Extended Again, January 14, 2022
13 ways that the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein causes damage Jesse Santiano MD
Supreme Court allows vaccine mandate for health providers at federally funded facilities supremecourt.gov
NO ONE SHOULD BE COERCED INTO TAKING PART IN A CLINICAL TRIAL.
Supreme Court blocks OSHA vaccine mandate supremecourt.gov
Athletes who had COVID will be considered ‘fully vaccinated,’ NCAA says in new guidelines themainewire.com
Interim Statement on COVID-19 vaccines in the context of the circulation of the Omicron SARS-CoV-2 Variant from the WHO Technical Advisory Group on COVID-19 Vaccine Composition (TAG-CO-VAC) World Health Organization
From the statement—
“The TAG-CO-VAC considers that COVID-19 vaccines that have high impact on prevention of infection and transmission, in addition to the prevention of severe disease and death, are needed and should be developed. Until such vaccines are available, and as the SARS-CoV-2 virus evolves, the composition of current COVID-19 vaccines may need to be updated, to ensure that COVID-19 vaccines continue to provide WHO-recommended levels of protection against infection and disease by VOCs, including Omicron and future variants.”
Is this an admission that systemic injections given for mucosal pathogens or non-systemic respiratory viruses, do not provide sterilizing immunity, i.e., do not prevent infection or transmission?
Is this also an admission that stated efficacy and effectiveness for these injections with respect to preventing severe disease and death is negated because study results were reported to the public based only on relative risk reduction while absolute risk reduction was omitted?
Cross-reactive memory T cells associate with protection against SARS-CoV-2 infection in COVID-19 contacts nature.com
Association Between Menstrual Cycle Length and Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Vaccination Obstetrics & Gynecology
“We are, under the pressure of what is arguably the most ambitious and well-coordinated perception management campaign in history” brownstone.org
Universal Coronavirus Vaccines — An Urgent Need The New England Journal of Medicine
From the article: “Developing universal coronavirus vaccines will require addressing fundamental questions about the nature of coronavirus protective immunity. In contrast to respiratory viruses that cause systemic infections (e.g., measles, rubella, varicella–zoster virus infection, and smallpox [eradicated in 1980]), nonsystemic respiratory viruses such as the endemic coronaviruses, influenza viruses, RSV, parainfluenza viruses, and SARS-CoV-2 primarily infect epithelial cells on mucosal surfaces and have limited contact with the systemic immune system. They thus elicit incomplete and transient protective immunity and allow reinfections and suboptimal responses to systemically administered vaccines.”
“But there’s good news. If you’re vaccinated, and you have your booster shot, you’re protected from severe illness and death, period.” —Joe Biden Dec., 2021
But is this actually true? Read carefully and determine if Emergency Use Authorization by the FDA was even justified to begin with:
COVID-19 vaccine efficacy and effectiveness—the elephant (not) in the room The Lancet. Microbe
Outcome Reporting Bias in COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine Clinical Trials pubmed.gov
Will covid-19 vaccines save lives? Current trials aren’t designed to tell us bmj.com
Understanding Relative Risk Reduction (RRR) and Absolute Risk Reduction (ARR) in Vaccine Trials pandata.org
Omicron: 3 vaccine doses are not enough to stop the new COVID variant, warns BioNTech CEO euronews.com
Scientists Now Confirm mRNA Vaccines Produce Negative Effectiveness Against Omicron iowaclimate.org
“The true incidence of myopericarditis is markedly higher than the incidence reported to US advisory committees.” medrxiv.org
From the CDC website:
“CDC is contacting people who meet the case definition for myocarditis following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination and have been reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). To meet the case definition, people must have had
- symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, and feelings of having a fast-beating, fluttering, or pounding heart and
- medical tests to support the diagnosis of myocarditis and rule out other causes.
CDC will contact people with myocarditis reported to VAERS after at least 90 days have passed since myocarditis symptoms began. This outreach is expected to occur during Fall 2021.”
Meet the CASE DEFINITION? “MUST HAVE HAD” these symptoms AND a DIAGNOSIS????
Evidence for a mouse origin of the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant Journal of Genetics and Genomics
Health Worker Vaccine Mandate Ordered to Resume in Half of U.S. bloomberglaw.com
Mandates run contrary to the process of tailoring treatment based on INDIVIDUAL risks and benefits. It is unconscionable to suggest that COVID-19 injections be mandated for a medical product undergoing its first year of study in humans. Mandates for EUA experimental mRNA biologics that do not prevent infection and do not prevent transmission are unethical, illogical, dangerous and UNCONSTITUTIONAL.
The US Hospital System has been politicized through reimbursement rates controlled by the Federal and State Governments.
Pfizer, FDA Dodge Media Questions About Pfizer Comirnaty Vaccine childrenshealthdefense.org
The Pfizer 6 month data shows that Pfizer’s COVID-19 inoculations cause more illness than they prevent. Plus, an overview of the Pfizer trial flaws Canadian Covid Care Alliance
Omicron infection appears to protect against Covid delta variant and could displace it, South Africa study finds cnbc.com
Are We Overreacting To Omicron? brownstone.org
Most reported U.S. Omicron cases have hit the fully vaccinated-CDC reuters.com
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Authorizes First Oral Antiviral for Treatment of COVID-19 fda.gov (not a prophylactic)
The protection conferred by booster vaccines against the Omicron variant begins to wane within 10 weeks UK Health Security Agency
Omicron significantly reduces Covid antibodies generated by Pfizer vaccine, study finds The Telegraph
Federal Court Blocks Vaccine Mandate for Government Contractors natlawreview.com
Ontario becomes the first province to list fluvoxamine as a COVID-19 treatment to consider ctvnews.ca
Ex-Harvard professor Charles Lieber convicted of lying about China ties nypost.com
CDC Panel Abruptly Shifts Stance on J&J Coronavirus Vaccine usnews.com
Abstract 10712: mRNA COVID Vaccines Dramatically Increase Endothelial Inflammatory Markers and ACS Risk as Measured by the PULS Cardiac Test: A Warning ahajournals.org
Autoimmune response to the coronavirus spike protein may last indefinitely: “Ab2 antibodies binding to the original receptor on normal cells therefore have the potential to mediate profound effects on the cell that could result in pathologic changes, particularly in the long term — long after the original antigen itself has disappeared.” The New England Journal of Medicine
COVID-19: stigmatising the unvaccinated is not justified thelancet.com
“CDC study reports 28 times more fully vaccinated patients (5,213) were hospitalized with COVID from June to September than the unvaccinated with prior infection (189) in nine U.S. states.” iowaclimate.org
OSHA suspends enforcement of COVID-19 vaccine mandate for large businesses foxnews.com
Wait what? FDA wants 55 years to process FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request over vaccine data reuters.com
US Department of Labor issues emergency temporary standard to protect workers from coronavirus osha.gov
COVID-19 is not uniquely a workplace problem! How can OSHA regulate an employee’s exposure to COVID-19 when it is everywhere?
Senior NIH expert pushes back on growing vaccine mandates thehill.com
Federal Judge Rejects DOD Claim That Pfizer EUA and Comirnaty Vaccines Are ‘Interchangeable’ childrenshealthdefense.org
Age-and Sex-Specific Incidence of Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis Associated With Ad26.COV2.S (Johnson & Johnson/Janssen) COVID-19 Vaccination jamanetwork.com
Congress Didn’t Give OSHA Authority to Impose Vaccine Mandates dailysignal.com
33 Studies on Vaccine Efficacy that Raise Doubts on Vaccine Mandates brownstone.org
Vaccine Safety Update cdc.gov
Alert: Severe Concerns Regarding the Reliability and Legality of Data from Israel in light of the Planned Discussion on the Administration of COVID-19 Vaccines to Children Aged 5 – 11 doctorsforcovidethics.org
The First General Federal Vaccination Requirement: The OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard for COVID-19 Vaccinations ssrn.com article
“Although COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) is approved to prevent COVID-19 in individuals 16 years of age and older, there is not sufficient approved vaccine available for distribution to this population in its entirety at the time of reissuance of this EUA. Additionally, there are no COVID-19 vaccines that are approved to provide: COVID-19 vaccination in individuals age 12 through 15; a third primary series dose to certain immunocompromised populations described in this EUA; a homologous booster dose to the authorized population described in this EUA; or a heterologous booster dose following completion of primary vaccination with another authorized COVID-19 vaccine.”
In addition to Comirnaty not being available, the announcement by Pfizer on its “FDA approval” is not straightforward. The Pfizer vaccine marketed as Comirnaty will apparently be distributed under an approved Biologics License Application AND under Emergency Use Authorization. Both standards are only covered under CICP should an individual be harmed by the vaccine. There are distinct differences between CICP and VICP (for licensed vaccines) which affect legal liability and compensation.
A ‘black hole’ for COVID vaccine injury claims reuters.com
The text below is quoted from “Q & A for Comirnaty (COVID-19 Vaccine mRNA)” from fda.gov:
“The FDA-approved Comirnaty (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA), made by Pfizer for BioNTech and the FDA-authorized Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine under EUA have the same formulation and can be used interchangeably to provide the COVID-19 vaccination series without presenting any safety or effectiveness concerns. Therefore, providers can use doses distributed under EUA to administer the vaccination series as if the doses were the licensed vaccine. For purposes of administration, doses distributed under the EUA are interchangeable with the licensed doses. The Vaccine Information Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers provides additional information about both the approved and authorized vaccines.”
Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States European Journal of Epidemiology
Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19 sciencedirect.com
“…susceptibility to infection increases with time as soon as 2–3 months after vaccination—consistent with waning protective immunity. This potentially important observation is consistent with recent large-scale data and requires further investigation.” thelancet.com
40% of local COVID-19 cases in Syracuse, New York, are in the vaccinated cdc.gov
The Department of Defense program named “Project Salus” run in cooperation with the JAIC has analyzed data on 5.6 million Medicare beneficiaries aged 65 and older, and found that “the vast majority of COVID hospitalizations are occurring among fully-vaccinated individuals and that outcomes among the fully vaccinated are growing worse with each passing week.”
The ‘Covid-19 Vaccine Surveillance Report – Week 43’ published by the UK Health Security Agency (formerly Public Health England) on Thursday, October 28, 2021 showed that the vast majority of Covid-19 hospitalizations between September 27th and October 24th were among the fully vaccinated population.
Most COVID-19 Patients at Israel Hospital Fully Vaccinated, Doctor Calls Mandates ‘Diabolic’ visiontimes.com
Joe Biden’s 100 Employees Vaccine Rule Means 98 Percent of Companies Unaffected newsweek.com
How does this square with preserving individual liberty, fairness, and equality under the law? This sort of under inclusiveness belies the premise that any of this is truly an emergency.
Compare with Japan: “Although we encourage all citizens to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, it is not compulsory or mandatory. Vaccination will be given only with the consent of the person to be vaccinated after the information provided. Please get vaccinated of your own decision, understanding both the effectiveness in preventing infectious diseases and the risk of side effects. No vaccination will be given without consent. Please do not force anyone in your workplace or those who are around you to be vaccinated, and do not discriminate against those who have not been vaccinated.” From Japan’s COVID-19 vaccine webpage
“We do see—after six to eight months—more rapid waning concerning infections and mild to moderate symptoms,” Dr. Mikhail Dolsten, Pfizer’s chief scientific officer marketwatch.com
What You Need to Know About A Potential “COVID Pill” Pfizer and Merck Are Each Developing prevention.com
The announcement by Pfizer regarding “full FDA approval” of their COVID-19 vaccine IS NOT STRAIGHTFORWARD. See officially released documents below.
*originally published Feb., 2021
The accuracy of information regarding COVID-19 vaccines can vary in the marketing of the vaccines and at vaccine administration sites. Please review the most updated vaccine fact sheets carefully before choosing to be inoculated.
The purpose of this post is to provide information because all information is necessary for informed consent. More information, more education, more dialogue, more transparency, and less censorship is the solution to misinformation.
Please see Additional Information and Sources on page 3 for important links.
This post may be updated periodically with possible changes, omissions or additions.
• The decision to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or any medical intervention is a private decision between an individual and their healthcare provider based on individual risks and benefits.
• The decision not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine does not make an individual “anti-vax.” “Anti-vax” is a scathing pejorative used to intentionally divide. In fact, it is smart to be cautious about mRNA technology. The public should be encouraged to make informed medical decisions, including complete transparency regarding benefits and risks of vaccines. Open and honest public discussion is not being conducted to address the ethical issues of COVID-19 vaccines, including evidence for very legitimate concerns and fears. No one should hand off matters pertaining to their own health and/or personal autonomy to people who do not know them or their health history.
• No one should be bribed, shamed, coerced, segregated, stigmatized, discriminated against, or mandated to take an investigational COVID-19 vaccine released under an emergency use authorization. “Consent” is being manufactured by the media, using deliberate, deceptive coercion through FEAR.
• Novel, experimental gene therapies marketed as “vaccines” do not complete clinical trials until 2023. COVID “vaccines” are not traditional vaccines. Rather, they cause cells to reproduce one portion of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, the spike protein. The vaccine induces cells to create spike proteins. Antibodies are created against this one limited portion (the spike protein) of the virus.
• The marketing campaign for these vaccines is unprecedented. Why?
• Under the PREP Act, companies like Pfizer and Moderna have total immunity from liability if something unintentionally goes wrong with their vaccines.
• Naturally-acquired immunity from previous infection counts toward herd or population immunity! The suggestion to vaccinate everyone will NOT gain herd immunity, but WILL drive immune escape and cause more variants.
• There is no long-term safety data from the use of mRNA vaccines which interact with the immune system in a novel way. Reported safety and efficacy data is extremely short-term.
• There is not enough large-scale clinical trial data to assure well-informed unvaccinated people that their risk of experiencing vaccine side effects is lower than their chance of being hospitalized.
• When someone says “the science is settled, it’s safe and effective,” be skeptical. Science is never settled, it’s about probabilities and the weight of evidence gathered over time.
• Natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant.
• Do COVID-19 vaccines qualify as a public health measure capable of providing collective benefit that supersedes individual risk? In other words, is it your “civic or patriotic duty” to receive one of these vaccines? COVID-19 vaccines do not prevent infection and do not block transmission because they do not provide sterilizing immunity in the mucosa, but may confer systemic immunity (in the circulation) with reported protection from severe disease for the vaccine recipient only lasting about 3 months. (Immunizations that prevent disease without actually preventing infections are called leaky vaccines.)
• Vaccine “breakthrough” or vaccine failure?
• Vaccine-driven virulence evolution should be addressed with the public, not as an argument against the value of vaccination, but as a consequence that needs to be considered and potentially avoided.
• There is insufficient evidence to support the need for mass vaccination campaigns of populations considered low risk, including children and the naturally immune. Individuals are not and have never been at equal risk for severe disease or death from COVID-19 if infected, both young and old. Research has found that about 81 percent of people with COVID-19 have mild or moderate illness. According to the Centers for Disease Control, most people with mild to moderate COVID-19 can recover at home.
• There is no epidemiological benefit for children to get a COVID-19 injection. IT IS ALL RISK. Why would anyone subject their children to an experimental injection that has no long term studies on side effects?
• Masking Children: Tragic, Unscientific, and Damaging aier.org
• Positive RT-PCR test results do not equate to symptom presentation or infection with SARS-CoV-2. Positive RT-PCR test results do not rule out bacterial infection or co-infection with other viral pathogens. The agent detected may not be the definitive cause of disease. There is no standardized CT (cycle threshold) being used for the RT-PCR, which could be why there are so many false positives as well as cases of missed diagnosis. There should be a standard that is used for equivalence in measurement. The standard should be used on vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals alike. RT-PCR reported case data is unclear in determining the current status of infections and may also show exposure at some point in the past. The indiscriminate use of this test with the absence of ANY clinical diagnosis is questionable. Constant testing of HEALTHY people will only prolong the “pandemic.” Inflated case numbers as well as death misclassifications have driven hysteria and fear. Test results from the emergency use of RT-PCR tests have proven to be highly fallible.
• COVID-19 deaths were identified using a new ICD–10 code in 2020. When COVID-19 was reported as a cause of death, or when it was listed as a “probable” or “presumed” cause, the death was coded as U07.1. This included “cases” with or without laboratory confirmation. It is important to be familiar with the broader information regarding deaths from COVID-19 such as whether or not an individual died from or with the disease. How many deaths were falsely attributed to COVID-19? In addition, there is a distinction between virus deaths and lockdown/restrictions deaths. Deaths due to the suppression of alternative treatments, suicides, limited access to healthcare due to mistrust and fear, and alcohol/drug use are NOT due to a virus, but due to lockdowns/restrictions.
• There were 646 deaths relating to the flu among adults reported in 2020, whereas in 2019 the CDC estimated that between 24,000 and 62,000 people died from influenza-related illnesses. rochesterregional.org
• COVID-19 is one of thousands of health threats. Other critical health matters are not receiving much needed attention during the pandemic. The media’s hysterical coverage of the pandemic has dissuaded patients from seeking essential care.
• The behavior of epidemics, both infections and death statistics, follow a bell-shaped curve which rises, crests and descends per Farr’s Law which has existed since 1840.
• There is no FDA-approved vaccine available to prevent COVID-19 as stated on the vaccine fact sheets.
• The duration of protection against COVID-19 is currently unknown as stated on the vaccine fact sheets.
• COVID-19 vaccines may not protect everyone as stated on the vaccine fact sheets.
• Immune function is a strong determinant of an individual’s risk of and complications from pathogens. There is a high degree of individual variability in antibody responses to a pathogen in the amount, type, and quality of antibodies made, including the components of immune memory.
• COVID-19 vaccines are not yet licensed. They have been released under an Emergency Use Authorization by the FDA. The Pfizer vaccine, Comirnaty, has received an approved Biologics License Application, but is not available in the US.
• Under an EUA, COVID-19 vaccines cannot be made mandatory for any individual.
Federal law: Title 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(e)(1)(A)(ii)(I-III) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act states: Individuals to whom the product is administered are informed—
(I) that the Secretary has authorized the emergency use of the product;
(II) of the significant known and potential benefits and risks of such use, and
of the extent to which such benefits and risks are unknown; and
(III) of the option to accept or refuse administration of the product, of the consequences, if any, of refusing administration of the product, and of the alternatives to the product that are available and of their benefits and risks.
Under federal preemption doctrine, this federal EUA law trumps state law, meaning that states and municipalities may not mandate EUA products. As the FDA states:
“FDA believes that the terms and conditions of an EUA issued under section 564 preempt state or local law, both legislative requirements and common-law duties, that impose different or additional requirements on the medical product for which the EUA was issued in the context of the emergency declared under section 564 … In an emergency, it is critical that the conditions that are part of the EUA or an order or waiver issued pursuant to section 564A — those that FDA has determined to be necessary or appropriate to protect the public health—be strictly followed, and that no additional conditions be imposed.”
• This post includes links to vaccine fact sheets/information for four (4) COVID-19 vaccines.
COVID-19 vaccine fact sheets and websites
*The FDA’s EUA now includes a warning that rare clotting events might occur after vaccination, primarily among women ages 18–49 years.